Monday, March 22, 2010

Brianna's birthday



Okay... my daughter got her birthday package in the mail today... so I can finally post photos of this piece. I was interested in trying a piece with this half-inch "deep" panel board. I coated it with the neutral color paint before I coated it with acrylic medium. Then I started by adding hand-made paper (made by Sharon Anayiotos) in an abstract fashion. I thought the angel sculpture worked perfectly. Then I added the DNA sequences (especially relevant since it was a gift for my daughter). I then added a "gold-leaf" "S" as a shared last initial of both my daughter ("Spak") and me ("Specht"). And of course, the "presentation" in appropriate matting and framing put the finishing touch on the piece. I was VERY pleased to hear her delight with the piece. Artwork from the heart! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment