Monday, September 12, 2011

9-10-11


This is one of the most non-premeditated pieces I have done. Although I have been interested in the 9/11 anniversary coverage this week (and anxiously awaiting our departure to Italy tomorrow), I wasn't thinking of doing any kind of collage to commemorate the event. I went to an opening reception for Jan Burke at the Hamilton Fine Arts Center Saturday (nice show) and was inspired to do a bit of work in the studio that evening. After working on some playing card pieces for Liz Cohn's collaborative project, I was looking around at some of the elements in my work space. This piece emerged after only about 8 minutes. I know it might seem a little creepy, but certainly 9/11 was an intense event. RIP to the victims of 9/11 and thanks to all the police, medical, military and civilians who helped their fellow men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment