Sunday, September 4, 2011

how long?



After being woken up by a couple of quarrelling cats this morning at 5:00 am, I was cleaning up my photos on the computer and looking back at some of my past posts on this blog. I found that in February of 2010, I posted an entry about a couple of interesting elements I had found but wasn't sure what to do with at that time. The fetus/pelvis illustration was one of them. As it turns out, it was just last month that I incorporated it into one of my better pieces (now getting matted and framed) that will be in the "The End is Near" exhibit at Utica College in the spring. So sometimes when people ask "How long does it take you to do a piece?", I don't exactly know how to answer. Sometimes I will find an interesting element, cut it out and coat it and then put it in one of my "map" drawers only for it to be used at some later point in time. Of course it's not all constant work, but I never underestimate the power of preparing and "being ready" for something to emerge in the future. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment