Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year (2016)

I've "toggled" back to getting some school work done. But some of that has certainly been collage-related. In fact, I am preparing a paper to present at The Southern Humanities Conference in Louisville at the end of this month which will cover some of the legal issues related to photographic images used in collage. I am struggling with striking a good balance between a somewhat dry (although interesting) paper covering all the legal case law and a more "show and tell" kind of a paper. Anyway, after a couple days of getting lots of school work done, I decided to "treat myself" to some studio time last night. Happened upon this combination of images and it really captivated me. The three elements (as well as the frame) really seemed to "work". And one of my goals for the new year is to try to be more "prolific" in terms of making some of the sketches that I do more permanent. This one is entitled "We are close" (8" x 10")... my first of 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment